"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Me Made May 2014 - Days 14-18

Day 14 - My Sewaholic Renfrew made from two fat quarters of Spoonflower knit, a men's mustard yellow tee from Goodwill and a coral Old Navy tee.  You can see the original post about it here.


Day 15 - I wore my Vogue 1378 ponte pants.  More details here.  And some more pictures in this post as well.


Day 16 - This was a themed Friday over in the Flickr group and the theme was "Too Pretty To Wear Pants" after a commenter in a previous Me Made month made that comment about one of the participants.  So it is a bit of an inside joke to the Me Made Flickr group. I wore a maxi dress made by altering McCalls 6559 a bit and carried my Gretelies Josipa bag. Dress blogged here.

and bag blogged here.




Day 17 - I wore my denim knit leggings that took me from lounging/sewing during the day to attending my husband's grandma's birthday dinner in the evening.

Day 18 - I carried my Josipa bag again today that you saw up there with my maxi dress and that is the only me-made I can claim for this day.

Random highlights of today - 
I got two pairs of denim shorts at Old Navy today that I love the fit and the look of.  When I can buy something I love for less than the cost of the materials to sew something similar (not to mention I am not even ready to sew jean shorts with rivets and such) I definitely have no regrets buying it.  I am grateful for sales and getting two pairs of shorts for $25 makes me very happy.


We went to the High Museum of Art for a members only preview of their latest exhibit, Dream Cars, and saw the neatest thing!
It's a BMW concept car covered in fabric!

This concept car is covered in two layers of fabric stretched over an aluminum/carbon fiber frame. There is an under layer of wire mesh and an outer layer of polyurethane-coated lycra that is resistant to water, heat and cold. It was designed with customization of the shape of the car in mine, according to changing consumer desires.  
I could see the stitches down the center of the hood.  It was so cool.

Will a Spoonflower contest of the future be to design a the fabric to cover the exterior of a car?

1 comment:

  1. You look dazzling in blue. It's your color. Definitely, Sara. The one with feathers is also good. Thanks for posting! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Oscar
    Visited essaykings.me and commented on Management

    ReplyDelete